Sunday, March 05, 2006

Harbourfront - Sounds Like Canada@CBC

CBC used this letter on air Jun 29, 2005 , soundslikecanada@cbc.ca

Dear Jian,

I think Hidden Cameras hang out in the coolest places! And I know that means admitting I’m a suburban girl at heart. I remember stopping by for coffee at the Rogue Recording studios, to fill in James Paul on my first ever Hillside visit, and how I liked the sound of the band in the back room. After the striped scarfed, skinny rockstar guy finished his unobtrusive call on the wall mounted phone beside the kitchen table we were chatting at, I learned he was Joel Gibb.

Shortly thereafter I worked a sound art event at Harbourfront, called Art Metropole and really, really enjoyed both the "music is my boyfriend" merchandising, and the awesome overhead doodles and beautiful music.

Anyway, I just wanted to offer a hearty thank you for the city vs. suburbs discussion on CBC radio this week!! I heard the program with during a sick day off work, while progressing a hunt for a new home. Is it thanks to you I have decided to look in the burbs!?!?! I will miss the walking and enjoy a soaker tub. The use of the Hidden Cameras song at the conclusion of the piece was perfect.

Thanks for great radio.

Signed,
Excited about Etobicoke

No comments: