Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Milkfest kidfusion

http://loguelikevogue.blogspot.com/2006/08/i-was-recording-engineer-once.html

what if kids ran the world?
kids DO come first at milkfest, even though the festival is named after the sponsor.

KIDFUSION is a blast man. i have helped many a four track jam get recorded into garage band, and it has been really fun.

(today, i brought my tuner. nevermind harmonics, that strat has GOT to step in line).

more l8r.

*
Hi Kim.

Thanks for the kind note! You were fantastic and (my God) did we work you!

I would be more than happy to give you a reference. Please feel free use me as a reference for future and if you would like a letter, just write something up and email it to me (you know better what you'd like me to say!). I'll happily add my 2 cents worth, put it on letterhead and sign.All the best.Chris.-- Expect Theatre / Spark Productions

*

Dear KIDfusion Artistic Director,
Via info@expect.org
EXPECT Theatre
The Case Goods Warehouse
Building 74
Studio 208
The Distillery Historic District
55 Mill St
Toronto, ON
M5A 3C4

Dear Chris,

Sorry I missed you and Laura at the wrap party. I would have like the chance to say “Congratulations on a really fantastic art installation at Harbourfront Centre!” I enjoyed working in the Lakeside Terrace during your multi-media initative, in celebration of the 25th Anniversary of Milkfest!

Some of MY favourite moments were 1) when Vanessa wrote EADGBE while I was working in volunteer registration chaos and had to use spit on my finger to wipe off the extra letter she jotted on her hand in error, 2) the guitar playing teenager guy rapping, “Yo, I want some free milk” and all the other clever rhymes while a female beauty of voice and face accompanied with her rich laughing thoughts, over the rhythm that Mical made with the technology itself, and 3) the crazy many kid number where I passed the mic around to shy kids asking each their name. What was YOUR favourite part of the festival???

How would you feel about providing me some kind of blurb of reference? Would Liz or Micah or others? As you know I am hoping for future art workshop presentations or podcast opportunites at Harbourfront and I welcome your support or advice…

Thanks again for inventing KIDfusion. I had a blast, tattooed even!

No comments: